Established in 1984, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. has held over 125 live auctions, realizing over $200 million in sales of decoys, paintings, and related sporting items. Our firm has handled the most important decoys and collections in North America and we have set nearly all of the world records in these categories: duck and shorebird decoys, fish decoys and plaques, duck calls and crow calls, decorative carvings, shotgun shell boxes, salesman sample canoes, and other related items.
- We conduct three auctions each year at different locations throughout the United States. A regional advantage that ensures the highest client satisfaction.
- With over 12,000 active users in our global mailing list, catalog distribution of nearly 2,000 per auction, and the best decoy-dedicated website, we ensure exposure of your collection to all interested potential collectors.
- Our clientele is comfortable buying from us because our guaranteed catalog descriptions provide confidence in the condition and value of collectible items, resulting in a willingness to spend more with the comfort and security this guarantee provides.
- April 2022 - Lombard, Illinois - The Westin Chicago Lombard - Held in conjunction with the North American Decoy Collectors Association Show. Featuring approximately 600 decoys, paintings, fish, calls, folk art, and other related items.
- July 2022- Portsmouth, NH. Annual summer sale in New England. Held at the Sheraton Harborside - Portsmouth, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork, & related items. Enjoy our indoor buy, sell and swap with a 50-table decoy show. NO SALES TAX! Free cocktails and lunch for auction attendees.
- November 10 & 11, 2021 - Easton, MD in conjunction with the Easton Waterfowl Festival. Estimated attendance: 15,000 - 20,000. Held at the Talbot County Community Center, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork & related items.
Prices continue to be strong for decoys and sporting art, with our annual summer sale grossing close to the high estimate at $4.2 million. The sale featured approximately 550 lots, with five lots selling for over $100,000 and 98 selling for over $10,000. The top lots going for over $100,000 were an important sleeping mallard by Shang Wheeler sold for $144,000, a golden plover from Nantucket, MA sold well over its estimate at $114,000, a ghost fish by Hans Janner sold for a carver record of $108,000, an outstanding yellowlegs by William Bowman for $108,000, and an impressive 36” x 60” oil on canvas by Herman Gustav Simon for $102,000, a auction record for the artist.
The sale continued the trend of high prices for important collections coming to sale. The auction was highlighted by the collections of D.C. North, Virginia & Jonathan Chua, Dr. John Dinan, Dr. Lloyd T. Griffith, Gene & Linda Kangas, Robert Mangold, Otto Meyer, Steven Michaan, Kirby Roberts, Governor James Thompson, and Bruce Williams.
The sale set numerous new world auction records for carvers. New high marks were set for: Hans Janner, Sr., Herman Gustav Simon, Arthur Cobb, Daniel Demott, Alvirah Wright, John Scholer, John Fulcher, the Wessel Brothers, Joseph Marr, Charles Pice, Calvin Gaskill, Ivy Stevens, Ed Parsons, William Gibian, and George Isdell.
Website updated September 7, 2021
Fall Auction Preview
Click here to view November 10 & 11,
2021 auction preview
Have a decoy you know nothing about?
Send us a photo, and we'll appraise it for free
with no obligations.
Summer 2021 Catalog
Our August auction catalog is still available.
Click here for more information
Decoys For Sale Online Auctions
We now offer weekly online auctions.
New lots are added every Thursday, and
available for bidding for one week.
Where We Are
Click here to see where our trucks will be next if you would like us to pick up your decoys. This link will take you to our calendar of upcoming events
Email email@example.com to join our email newsletter list.
Details about each of the three auctions:
Our April auction in St. Charles, Illinois