Established in 1984, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. has held over 125 live auctions, realizing over $190 million in sales of decoys, paintings, and related sporting items. Our firm has handled the most important decoys and collections in North America and we have set nearly all of the world records in these categories: duck and shorebird decoys, fish decoys and plaques, duck calls and crow calls, decorative carvings, shotgun shell boxes, salesman sample canoes, and other related items.
- We conduct three auctions each year at different locations throughout the United States. A regional advantage that ensures the highest client satisfaction.
- With over 12,000 active users in our global mailing list, catalog distribution of nearly 2,000 per auction, and the best decoy-dedicated website, we ensure exposure of your collection to all interested potential collectors.
Our clientele is comfortable buying from us because our guaranteed catalog descriptions provide confidence in the condition and value of collectible items, resulting in a willingness to spend more with the comfort and security this guarantee provides.
- May 29 & 30, 2020 - Held in the Easton/St. Michaels, MD area. Due to COVID-19 we are asking you to call ahead if you want to preview items at the office in St. Michaels. In the month of May we will be traveling to several locations throughout the country showing decoys that will be in the auction. If there is something you would like to see, please call to arrange a preview in your area. Your requests does not need to be limited to the more expensive items in the sale. We will do our best to accommodate your request. The auction will be called by Jim Julia and live streamed through online platforms. We will have extra phone bid lines available for the sale, and will be covering online bidding fees through Bidsquare and Invaluable.
- August 18 & 19, 2020- Portsmouth, NH. Annual summer sale in New England. Held at the Sheraton Harborside - Portsmouth, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork, & related items. Enjoy our indoor buy, sell and swap with a 50-table decoy show. NO SALES TAX! Free cocktails and lunch for auction attendees.
- November 2020 - Easton, MD in conjunction with the Easton Waterfowl Festival. Estimated attendance: 15,000 - 20,000. Held at the Talbot County Community Center, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork & related items.
Our May 2020 catalog is now available to view online! 288 full color pages feature over 550 lots with guaranteed condition reports. Featuring decoys and sporting art from the Dr. Lloyd T. Griffith collection.
Website updated May 12, 2020
May Auction Preview
Click here to view May 2020 preview
Have a decoy you know nothing about?
Send us a photo, and we'll appraise it for free
with no obligations.
Our May auction catalog is now available.
Click here for more information
Decoys For Sale Online Auctions
We now offer weekly online auctions.
New lots are added every Thursday, and
available for bidding for one week.
Where We Are
Click here to see where our trucks will be next if you would like us to pick up your decoys. This link will take you to our calendar of upcoming events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email newsletter list.
Details about each of the three auctions:
Our April auction in St. Charles, Illinois