Established in 1984, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. has held over 125 live auctions, realizing over $190 million in sales of decoys, paintings, and related sporting items. Our firm has handled the most important decoys and collections in North America and we have set nearly all of the world records in these categories: duck and shorebird decoys, fish decoys and plaques, duck calls and crow calls, decorative carvings, shotgun shell boxes, salesman sample canoes, and other related items.
- We conduct three auctions each year at different locations throughout the United States. A regional advantage that ensures the highest client satisfaction.
- With over 12,000 active users in our global mailing list, catalog distribution of nearly 2,000 per auction, and the best decoy-dedicated website, we ensure exposure of your collection to all interested potential collectors.
Our clientele is comfortable buying from us because our guaranteed catalog descriptions provide confidence in the condition and value of collectible items, resulting in a willingness to spend more with the comfort and security this guarantee provides.
- May 7 & 8, 2020 - Lombard, IL. Held at The Westin Lombard with the Midwest Decoy Collectors Show - the largest sporting collector show in the country! Held at the Pheasant Run Resort, this cataloged auction offers approximately 700 investment quality decoys, artwork, and related items.
- July 21 & 22, 2020- Portsmouth, NH. Annual summer sale in New England. Held at the Sheraton Harborside - Portsmouth, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork, & related items. Enjoy our indoor buy, sell and swap with a 50-table decoy show. NO SALES TAX! Free cocktails and lunch for auction attendees.
- November 2020 - Easton, MD in conjunction with the Easton Waterfowl Festival. Estimated attendance: 15,000 - 20,000. Held at the Talbot County Community Center, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork & related items.
Left to right: Joe French, Jim McCleery, Lloyd Griffith, and Bud Ward at the April 1993 Guyette & Schmidt auction.
We are pleased to announce that we have been selected to auction the collection of legendary decoy collector, Dr. Lloyd Griffith. His collecting vengeance began in the early 1960s and extended over 50 years. He set several world records during his tenure as an acquirer. He attended many of the early Bourne auctions including the sales of the William J. Mackey, Jr. collection where he purchased several of the items that remained in his collection until now. He was also a very close friend of Dr. James McCleery. He bought aggressively at the January 2000 McCleery sale, and seven of those items have remained in his possession. The Griffith collection will be sold at our new and exciting location, The Westin Chicago-Lombard, Illinois on May 7 & 8 2020, as well as our summer 2020 sale in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Click here to view items to be offeredImportant shorebirds by William Bowman.
Website updated February 19, 2020
May Auction Preview
Click here to view May 2020 preview
Have a decoy you know nothing about?
Send us a photo, and we'll appraise it for free
with no obligations.
Our November auction catalog still available.
Click here for more information
Decoys For Sale Online Auctions
We now offer weekly online auctions.
New lots are added every Thursday, and
available for bidding for one week.
Where We Are
Click here to see where our trucks will be next if you would like us to pick up your decoys. This link will take you to our calendar of upcoming events
Email email@example.com to join our email newsletter list.
Details about each of the three auctions:
Our April auction in St. Charles, Illinois